Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Another String Quilt - aka, A Telephone Book Quilt




I was so carried away with my strips and telephone book foundations, I made a third one, this one my favorite. The blocks are nothing more than a half square triangle (made of strips), with the border using the same blocks, but adding a quick corner to darken it somewhat. I just love how the corners turn! This is a great scrap user!

I have enough (64) left over for another small quilt – here are just a few layouts.

Peace,
Elaine Adair

6 comments:

  1. Elaine,
    Very nice! Isn't it fun to discover a technique and style that provide so much inspiration for your quiltmaking?
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilts are so inspiring! I just had to come take a peek at what you are doing. I love the star quilt shown above too..it is coming along so nicely and I hope the dental issues are resolved!

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The border on this one turned out soooo cool!

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elaine, quite the ingenius idea to sew those pink strips together in one long roll or row...I'll bet that was fun to see..LOL

    The string quilts are great! And just seem to get better and better as you try new ideas. I'm so delighted to find another quilter that does a pattern more than once.
    So many of our gals just do the one quilt of any one pattern. I'm never satified til I've tried several variation. Great blog!! Hugs, Finn

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous quilt - one of my favorites. I haven't seen one made out of strips like this. I really like how the light background sets off the colors, and how the block radiates from the center square. Very nice. And the borders are great too. It is like a garden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my - I REALLY love this one! How very different! I'm going to download a copy of this picture and put it in my "inspirational" pictures file for future ideas. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.