- Ham - cooked and sliced ahead of time, then simmered with orange/brown sugar sauce - less fiddling.
- Scalloped potatoes - less fiddling
- Slow cooked green beans on the back burner, with bacon/dash of a good salad vinegar - less fiddling
- Cranberry/pineapple/walnut gelled salad - made ahead - less fiddling
- Home made dinner rolls - made ahead of time - less fiddling.
- Chocolate/mocha homemade pie - less fiddling
- Pecan pie - ahead of time - less fiddling
- Last minute - REAL whipped cream
- Wine, so we can fiddle the afternoon away.
We'll have a toddler (and parents) at our house and I want to spend time with those folks -- not cook!