Sunday, April 08, 2007

Done - I Spy


This baby is DONE and will be in the mail Monday, on it's way to Wisconsin! I quilted in the ditch along all the sashes. No puckers on the back! Yeah! This was an entertaining project, wishing I was with the child who I hope will be playing "I Spy." The back has several family photos on fabric - a technique that I wanted to try out. I'm not expecting the photos to hold up as well as the front fabric, but it was nice to learn that technique, which WAS quite easy.

I always give away my kids quilts, and sometimes I wonder if the colors hold out, given reasonable care. Comments anyone?

On to the next project.

3 comments:

  1. Cute cute cute! I love I-spy quilts for little ones. I've made quilts for just about all the grands now, and the first ones are getting to be about 6 years old or so now. Structrually they've held up, but the colors do not hold. Cottons fade pretty fast, and none of these quilts were locked in a closet! The've been tents in the backyard, nap-mats at day-care, left on the floor of the car for months and hauled all over the place. They're well loved, faded and soft. Maybe prettier now than when they were new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kid quilts are to be used, so don't worry about the colours. I have given away a lot of quilts to kids and they have been used very much. And they are still in good condition. The more they are used the more pretty they become.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your I Spy quilt! I too wish I was young enough to play the game!

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.