Saturday, April 28, 2007

Moving right along ...


I'm making progress. See the two fabrics on on the right? The lighter one is for the side triangles and corner squares, then there will be a 2 inch dog tooth row, then the darker eggplant color. All of the diamonds are done, and most of the 8 diamonds are together, with a few of the large segments also together. Some of the paper is even gone!

I like it!

(But I DON'T like that carpeting! It looks worse than it really is! LOL)

Our quilt guild challenge in July is "Diamonds" but unfortunately, this is too large for the category! That's OK, I'm having fun. So much fun that I've already picked out the next project from Karen Stone.

14 comments:

  1. It looks amazing. I can't wait to see it quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that pattern. The two other fabrics look just right with the star.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That top is so spectacular I didn't notice the carpeting at all - I had to go back to take a look when I read your comment LOL! I love the other fabrics you've chosen to go along with what you've done so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that top positively sparkles. The setting fabrics will show the star off to perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a amazing star. All those tiny peaces put together. WOW. Quite a job. Looking forward to see the further progress on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great! You really have made good progress with it.

    Cheers!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. That top is so vibrant! It looks like it can just jump right off my screen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was wondering what you were doing. Now I know. This will be a fabulous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elaine,

    Now that you have the star pieced together and the setting blocks and borders identified, the quilt is another winner. I saw another example at Lori's in the Bluffs that was too busy for me to enjoy. I think yours will be stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of sewing in this quilt! It looks fabulous--great color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Paper pieces has always fasinated me, someday will be brave enough to try it. Your sewing shows such adventure into new ideas. enjoy it so much, keep up the positive attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this star sure has movement! Can hardly wait to see what you do next with it.

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.