Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Perking up

This morning was my first visit at the Chiropractor and tonight I feel like I've been run over by that Mack Truck! However, despite my physical discomfort now, I am already able to use my left arm better. Pinched nerves are not for sissies. I had been virtually unable to dress myself, for gosh sakes, without assistance. Do you know how difficult it is to put on undergarments by stepping into them? A bra does not always slip UP over hips!

It doesn't hurt that the Dr. is a most pleasant and handsome guy, and the office is here in town, within walking distance of our local quilt shop. My spirits are lifted - I needed THAT benefit, there is light at the end of a long tunnel, and it appears there are no surgeons in my immediate future. Wow, have we learned a LOT about medical procedure and how costs are escalated and .... it is a distressing lesson to see how (IMHO) once a person gets on the medical train, it's not easy to get OFF! And the unpleasantness between the medical profession vs. chiropractic is incredible. I tend to avoid doctors, and believe in a holistic approach to health.

On a quilt-y subject, tonight I cut up stash, kiddy fabric into 10 1/2 inch squares for the backing of my current kid quilt (Fairy Rings, previous post). So far, fabric IN is still more than fabric OUT. And Connecting Threads big sale did not help my Fabric Diet one bit!

No sympathy asked for, but my blog posts were sounding somewhat blah and thought I'd explain why.

12 comments:

  1. Wow can I ever relate! But hopefully by tomorrow you will be feeling better. Take some Aleve :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And keep to affected area warm tonight in bed. I tend to avoid drs too. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ....and drink A LOT of water. It will help flush the toxins that he loosed up today so you will be much less sore tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my! I'm so sorry, Elaine!
    I second Paula's and Vicki's advice. Hope you are feeling much better soon. Got to keep those quilting nerves/joints/muscles healthy and flexible and pain-free.
    Blessings! And prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are starting to feel better. I find that doctors are too eager to hand out pills rather than find the cause of the problem. To me, it's treating the symptom not the disease. I'm like you, I like the holistic approach.
    I'm sure a bit of fabric therapy doesn't hurt either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you're seeing light at the end of the tunnel, and found a handsome doc near the quilt shop! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Try an Epsom salt + sea salt bath too, stay in at least 10 minutes. This also draws out toxins. I'm so glad there is some progress happening!

    ReplyDelete
  8. well you are getting my sympathy and your posts are never blah.
    To add to all the help above.
    Hot Water Bottle.
    hey who needs Doctors when we have a blogging community who cares. lol. take care hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please feel better soon and be careful walking on the snow-covered, ice-encrusted, cracks-in-the-sidewalk-even tricky places.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought you did not want to go to a chiropractor. What changed your mind?
    Are you feeling better today (Friday)?
    I just hook my bra in the front and then turn it around and slip my arms under the straps. Pulling it up over the hips is a bit harder.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. I can totally relate to your issues! My broken arm is getting better, but I still have some difficulties doing all I want/need to do. And I haven't worn a bra for 3 months now! (Not just the difficulty putting it on, but the shoulder strap hits the surgery site, which is still tender.) More months of Physical Therapy, I'm afraid. I've been using an ice pack for pain after my exercises...that may help you too. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh dear! A pinched nerve is NOT fun! I'm amazed you could get back to your quilting so quickly! I am sort of afraid of chiropractors especially if they are playing around with my neck. Of course I survived the Japanese bone setters which are probably the smae thing. Hope you stay well!

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.