Sunday, March 07, 2010

Split; 9-Patch - WIP


I thought I'd add blocks with BLUE as the diagonal - I like it! Maybe I'll alternate the blocks - not sure yet but so far, it looks good to me.

At first I found this pattern tedious until I had a duhhhh moment, and practiced webbing the block. Wow - who knew it would increase efficiency and decrease hand movements so dramatically? Of course, webbing is easier with a 9-patch than with a 36-patch but so far, so good. (note to myself ... Why do some clever techniques take me so long to adopt?) Mom always said I was stubborn.

And I noticed the inspirerer (is that a word?) of this piece, Ms. Bonnie, (Quiltville.com) has a new project, with what appears to be the same units.

And I DID manage to finish a challenge R x R block - I hope Jacci likes it! Nopers, no photo. All of them will be revealed at next Guild meeting - I cannot imagine what mine looks like. This has been fun, a stretch to our imagination and skills.

11 comments:

Karen said...

What do you mean by webbing? A term I am not familiar with.

jovaliquilts said...

I like having different colors! But what is webbing? I don't think I've ever heard the term.

Vicki W said...

Ditto. That's a new term to me. Regardless, I love the blocks!

Joyce said...

I guess we are all puzzled. Do you get spiders to help you?

julieQ said...

I love your blocks!!!

Elaine Adair said...

Next post, I'll describe and post photos of "webbing".

Elaine Adair

LC said...

Elaine, that blue is a great addition. Good for you!

StitchinByTheLake said...

I think we all need a tutorial on webbing! blessings, marlene

FLO_rancher said...

A very nice tutorial on webbing the pieces in a block to make the whole process sew peaceful Thank yu.
DEB

MARCIE said...

Oh so fun and scrappy! I wonder how many versions of the split 9-patch block there are? This one is new to me.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

I'm finally catching up on blogs. Love your posts Elaine.