Saturday, July 24, 2010

Picket Fence on Pineapple Blossom Quilt


This lovely project created in a class with our famous Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville.com has been languishing since late winter, because it was not quite large enough for a double bed. I added another 2 inches of little interest, to each side. My solution to the head and foot was adding this 7 inch picket fence, using the scraps I already had. At first I had it all drafted out with crossbars/spacers, background and my plan was over-the-top tedious. This simplified version gets the idea across much better. I am a happy camper!

10 comments:

  1. That is such a pretty quilt! I love the pastels and the picket fence border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great border. It goes well with the pineapple block. I like your colors, too.

    Your quilts for the Neb. show are great. I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great border idea! And your post reminded me I have a stack of Pineapple Blossom blocks tucked away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful border to a wonderful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very colorful and blends in beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! A perfect border and solution!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't take a class but I have a Pineapple Blossom quilt too and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Has it been that long since Our Bonnie was there?
    The older I get the faster time flies!
    I have not made this one yet. As usual....I love yours and you love mine. We need to live closer to each other. than we can share our stashes!
    XOXOXoSubee

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.