Sunday, July 31, 2011

Happy Birthday Kellan

This quilt is on it's way the new owner. I'm hoping Mom doesn't see this post before the package arrives!

The colors are as bright and vivid as this photo below.

New baby in town - a niece's second boy. All are fine. Isn't he a handsome little guy? Boy babies are rare in his mother's family and he's the second boy in THIS family.
I used some leftover for the label. These are all Jan Mullins fabrics, purchased a while ago. The plan was to make them REALLY wonky, but while I made them very crooked, I just couldn't bear to cut off the "heads" of those geese! LOL. It was paper pieced, a quarter block at a time, and I just drew the pattern myself. It's so bright and cheerful - and was great fun making it. It's a generous size, and should be useful until he's a little kid.

12 comments:

  1. How wonderfully fun. What a lucky lil' guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling quilt for a precious little guy. I can see him loving this quilt and dragging it all over the house. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the quilt is so gorgeous - and the little one, too, of course!
    hUGS - lURLINE♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE IT!! Love that its bright and wonky without being over the top. Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's about as wonky as I could get, I think. Lovely work as usual. Lucky kid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I'm certainly feelin' the LUV for this FABULOUS quilt AND that sweet little baby!!!
    You out did yourself in fabric selections!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun quilt! You did a great job with design, colors, and fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elaine, what a bright happy looking quilt with lots of movement to it! Your use of the black & white fabrics makes a fabulous counter-point to those eye-popping bright geese. Good job! And perfect for that peaches and cream baby boy.
    Vic in NH

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a bright and cheerful quilt. Cute baby boy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the families new addition. Love the colors and design you used for the baby quilt!

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.