Monday, July 18, 2011

Quilt Show Eye Candy, and a Surprise

Despite near 100 degrees, we had our wonderful quilt show.

Where does one start? My friend Chell of Creative Quilting with Love made this Kaleidoscope quilt a while ago and honored me by asking me to quilt it. IT IS A STUNNER! I couldn't get it all in the photo - it's a winner in my book.
And if anyone doubts machine quilting on a DSM is not "as good" as quilting on a long arm - this quilt should alleviate your wondering. If you think you want to do your own quilting, on your own machine, look at the closeups in these two photos. YOU CAN DO IT!!!! if there is one lesson I'd like to teach, it's that YOU CAN quilt on your DSM, and I'm preaching to you ( !! ) LOL, it's an enormously creative project as well. You simply need to practice for a while. I clearly remember it took me 22 hours to quilt it and I enjoyed 22 hours of pleasure. 8-)))

In my previous post I mentioned I was not looking for any accolades this year and not really even considering that my quilts might peak someone's interest but ... this was a total surprise - First Place, Medium Quilts. Talk about being stunned!!! I posted an entire view, and described this Scrappy Pineapple February 21, 2011.  (And crud, I don't know how to link, saying find it "here" -- when I copied the URL, I received the "OOPS" from Google.) 

That's all for now - I'm still catching by breath, and feel all energized again. Happy Day!

More photos another day.

16 comments:

  1. Congrats to you and Chell! Both are equally wonderful. I am really enjoying the Pineapple Blossoms right now, but your full P. quilt is really neat with the various light prints you've used.
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It is a well-deserved honor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy,
    You do fantastic quilts- I love the beautiful color combinations you choose and I know that you do meticulous workmanship.

    Congratulations to both you and Chell- they are winners with or without the ribbons.

    Regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your award - it is a beautiful quilt. The quilt you machine quilted is wonderful. I will be trying to quilt a bed sized quilt once I get it finished - wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! It IS a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, I am soo happy for you... what a wonderful surprise!!! whoop-whoop for you...Kate the Quilting Professor

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous quilting! And the pineapple quilt is a stunner -- congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratualtions!! Very well deserved IMHO :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful, Elaine! You deserve the first prize for that beautifully pieced pineapple! And kudos for the lovely quilting job, too, on Chell's quilt.
    My guild's show is in the first weekend of October when it is not so torrid. So sorry to hear you melted!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a total inspiration on the dsm quilting. I am not that good at the long arm... or at least sometimes I'm not. And, yes, practice, practice, practice certainly helps. After owning mine for 2 + years I finally feel I'm getting pretty decent. B

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wooo - hoooooo! Way to go. Glad you survived the heat too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As soon as you posted that you were entered, I just KNEW that you were going to win something. That pineapple is one of my very favorites and I'm so happy you entered... winning was a given!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!!!
    And I agree about DSM quilting being fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations. Both quilts are absolutely gorgeous. You deserve the awards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on winning a ribbon for the Pineapple quilt!

    Amen on DSM quilting, it can be done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holy Cow your pineapple quilt is Gorgeous! Your quilting on Chell's quilt give me inspiration I can do this on my machine. Wonderful quilting.

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.