Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Correction to earlier comment about points not matching

In an earlier blog post, I grumbled that my points were impossible to match with this design.  Well they ARE impossible because they were not supposed to match! Gotta eat my words, unfortunately. They form a very nice shart point, AWAY from the corner. So much better!



Below is my border plan, but I've run out of black - oh dang it, back to my LQS!

This quilt will be about 60" x 76" when finished.


I have a LOT of paper to remove and already there is a LOT of it all over my sewing studio, the living room, trailing some into the kitchen, that has has fallen off on it's own.  We'll just have to grin and bear it - it's going to get worse before it gets better.  LOL

Totally unrelated to this post ... do you know all those bloggers who respond to "What's on your Design Wall? .. my version is "What's on my Design Floor"!  8-))

A HUGE thank you to another Blogger who gave all sorts of assistance getting this new layout laid out correctly.  If I gave out her name you ALL would be calling on her!  8-))) 

11 comments:

  1. Where can I find the pattern for the string quilt you have here. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Black looks incredible on a string quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Elaine, one of your strengths is the ability to make the best of things. Design wall, design floor--what's the difference?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The black really lets the scraps POP! Another nice top. Now get busy ripping paper so we can admire the quilting you are going to do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Design floors work very well for large quilts. I just find it difficult to get a good picture - mostly because I'm not willing to haul the step ladder in from the garage. The black in that quilt is wonderful. It makes the colors pop. Black in quilts is highly under-rated. Note to self - take a lesson, use more black; it's not just for Amish designs anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice new look to your blog. I also like your string pieced pattern. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you purchased the black on our trip....and nothing more!!!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a striking pattern and it will be lovely when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find this quilt amazing. I was never drawn to the one shown on Quiltville.com -- it was nice nothing spectacular. But spice it up with black. Va Va Voom! It really glows. Nice job Elaine. And, I'm all for seeing how you quilt it too. I wish I had enough floor space to do a design floor -- I can do a design bed though. Although I do have two smaller design walls. Just nothing new on them recently!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful headed you have there. And I like the way the birds fly off the right hand corner too!

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.