Two sides of the border were quilted with leafy viney motifs, and why I did that -- who knows? Seemed like a good idea at the time, but immediately was not thrilled. Why I continued to a second side was ludicrous!!! -- not good. My quilting was OK, my thread was OK, but the overall design was NOT. The curvy vine, pointy leafy structures did not "fit" with the stripey design, and I spent 2 long days taking it all out. I replaced it with stitch in the ditch, invisible thread (clear, and then smoke) and I'm much more happy with it. The little stitch holes are still visible and will disappear with steam or a gentle washing.
Below is the quilting design, from http://www.patsythompsondesigns.com/. Her design and DVDs were my inspiration, I certainly have used her designs so many times that my version is now dissimilar to hers. 8-))) If you are struggling with wanting to learn machine quilting DESIGNS on your domestic sewing machine (DSM) you might look into her excellent video demos on her site.