Tuesday, April 15, 2014

New quilting design


I ventured forth and tried a new quilting design.  The are basically 4  "S" curves back and forth, with a swirl at the end of 4, and then taking off in a new direction - something like a large McTavishing, (IMHO).  But as soon as I tried these, my hands just kept curving, swirling, filling in gaps, making "S" curves - they were not hard, and  watching it on YouTube made it do-able.  8-)   The thread is a light variegated King Tut that works well on my machine.  This quilt is 70" x 80", not a small quilt, and the backing is again, made up of 10 inch squares from stash.  

This Hourglass quilt should be completed in a few days.  I'm working on the border quilting.  

Warm days in western Nebraska have been filled with yard work, except for a brief return of winter and snow, now gone.  I do NOT overdo!  Also, one little screech owl is in our tree almost every day.  No owlets yet, but I presume there is a nest nearby.  

5 comments:

  1. Lookin' good! Elaine, it boggles my mind to imagine how you and others quilt such huge quilts on your sewing machines. If I didn't have my very basic, second owner mid arm machine and frame, I would have to tie all but my smallest quilts. More power to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looks great! I'll have to try it on my next quilt - one that needs to get finished in the next month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photograph of some very good looking quilting! I admire how very smooth your curves are. Often mine are jerky looking maybe because I'm trying to go too fast. But I wanted to see the 10" squares on the backing too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a very useful quilting pattern. And, free motion -- all the better. Could you tell me where you found the video? Or maybe a link? I'm guessing you tube but.... thanks. Smart on not overdoing anything, especially yard work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a very useful quilting pattern. And, free motion -- all the better. Could you tell me where you found the video? Or maybe a link? I'm guessing you tube but.... thanks. Smart on not overdoing anything, especially yard work.

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.