Friday, May 08, 2015

GREATS, Strip and Slash, GFG (Grandmother's Flower Garden)

We had young guests over the weekend - 2 1/2, and 10.  We are out of practice with little ones!  These are greatgrandkids.

This one  (below) is not a kid -- he is the great grandfather!  totally engaged in a game of rubber band shooting.  I was waiting for "someone" to land on the floor, but nothing critical happened, except that all my rubber bands are gone.  There is a 10 yr. old out of sight in this photo!

OK, now for more "great stuff", here is the beginning of the layout I chose for my latest 300 or so blocks of split 9-patches.  This is an entire "method" from Jackie Robinson, "Strip and Slash".  I've made it 3 times previously.  These blocks are small, about 3.75 inches.  

 and .... I have become addicted, as previously posted.  I think I have 30 rosette blocks so far.  Again, I have to say, these are not as hard as we have been led to believe.  I invested in a paper punch for perfect paper forms, which made the job so much easier and precise.  These hexagons finish at 1 inch (length of each of the 6 sides).    I stuck with a lot of pinks and blues.  Since I am sitting waaay more than I used to, trying to watch/find something decent on TV, I am using my time for something  useful. 

OK, one more thing.  I've had to change browsers from IE to Firefox for posting on this blog.  For some reason, I couldn't "sign out" from my Gmail account to access my Yahoo account which is what I use for Blogger -- just another one of those mysteries.  Thank you to several of you who made that suggestion.  

Today, off to Walmart for a Wi-Fi printer.  Oh dear, another mystery that requires courage!


4 comments:

  1. Wow--great grandkids--not there yet. I barely have energy for the grandkids. That idea opens a whole new arena of thought.
    Love those split blocks. Had no idea they were so small.
    Looks like great grandpa is still young at heart! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take it you were able to log in again? Love the rubber band shooter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the boys livened up the place for a little while! That's great! I love the split nine patch! The GFG too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun to raise the devil a little bit! Your grand mother's flower garden has grown so much already, I'm amazed! Nice split 9-patches, too. I bought the pattern but haven't used it yet.

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.