Monday, February 08, 2016

I tried a new thead for machine quilting

I've had this thread for some time, never having the "nerve" to try something new, but today I have a cute donation quilt and nothing else was the right color.  I always use a King Tut, or another quality thread for MQ'ing - time to try this less expensive thread in this taupe color. 
Wow - it quilts like buttah!!!!  I LOVE it.  Even the color was excellent for this quilt of many colors.  I will order more from Connecting Threads.  It did break 2 times, both times when going over multiple seams.  Perhaps I should have slowed down. 

I have a little plastic insert that fits halfway up, inside the thread cone, a do-jiggy, or perhaps you call it a thing-a-ma-bob, and the machine spindle fits inside the do-jiggy.  Works for me! 
LOL  My previous post was about "try it, you might like it"!  A joke on myself. 
.

7 comments:

  1. Connecting threads has great thread! I really love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have purchased from them in the past. What kind of thread? Poly-wrapped cotton? What color? I am full of questions tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Did you use the Essential Pro above and below? I use their cotton thread for piecing and despite occasional breakage, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love their thread and it's actually still affordable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use Essential Pro for most of my quilting and any I attribute any problems I have to either the sewing machine or needle - not the thread. Actually I haven't been having many problems lately at all! Thankfully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom's Handiquilter Sweet 16 loves the Connecting Threads thread. I have a virtual rainbow of all their regular spools too. I am glad to hear it worked for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've used and love the regular CT Essential threads (really great colors!) but have never tried the Pro version. I do find the regular ones to be a little linty though -- definitely have to give the bobbin area a good clean out after a FMQ session. Do you find it's the same with the Pro cones? Also do you use the cones on your regular spool pin with an adapter or do you use a thread stand on the table?

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.