Friday, March 10, 2017

Dogteeth Border

I LOVE making borders - even if the border overwhelms the center, I LIKE when viewers look at the border and make comments, "Look what she did!" - whether it be positive or negative, that's the reaction I'm hoping for.  My quilty friend's husband has frequently commented on my borders, so now, I have to carry on!  Here's my plan for recent Kaleidoscope Quilt (laying on beigey carpeting).

These dogteeth are not as difficult as I had imagined, but require accuracy with cutting and sewing - there is little room for easing.  Another border option was a quarter square,  but I chose dogteeth, ---  even that name, "dogteeth", adds to the fun, and repeats the shape in the kaleidoscope blocks!

 

5 comments:

  1. By the time I get to the border, I usually just want to be done with it. So I commend you for staying creative to the bitter end! : )
    It does look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fancy borders - good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Worth the time and effort - go for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes! Great border. And the colors are scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you love borders. You have made some great borders over the years that 've been blog visiting.

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.