Friday, June 22, 2007

There's a baby dove in there


OK, there really IS one in there. On the right side of the photo, a dark blob, is the young dove eye. That's about as good as the photo gets! This was taken about 10 days ago. Despite me 'checking in' at least 10 times a day, and me sitting many hours on the deck watching for dove activity, not once have I seen the parents change duties, nor have I seen any little flapping of wings, heard any dove noises, seen delivery of any type of sustenance. This morning both the parents and one little dove, are gone - empty nest! No sign of them anywhere. No little hungry dove in the yard, none on garage roof, nor telephone wires. I'm happy they brought another little dove into the world, but hey, I've been watching for a long time and wanted some satisfaction.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, too bad you missed them taking off! It would have been so sweet.

    I guess I'm a bit inconsistent here, cooing over your doves but mad as can be at the birds in my own yard because they've eaten all my raspberries!

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's disappointing Elaine.

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.