Got too ambitious! ... When trying to remake the 2 miscut units, I was overwhelmed with "hey, what are the measurements"? Well, that's the beauty but also the beast of this method! Little time is spent measuring. These start as a package of 10 in. squares, plus 10 in squares of yardage.
One block later, I was still mentally stalled with unknown measurements, inaccurate cutting, and adjusting to this new-to-me method. So this is what I did to get closer to accuracy.
1. I used more starch than normal.
2. I restuck the blue tape on the back of my ruler, with much more accuracy.
3. I affixed sandpaper bits on the back of my ruler.
4. I changed to a larger mat that I could turn around on the table instead of ME turning around the table.
5. I adjusted to Quick and Fast method instead of perfect points and exact measurements. Hey, Elaine, it's not a Baltimore Album quilt - it's a fast quilt!
These blocks make up fast, I did 3 in about 20 minutes. Here's all the blocks I'm making. Some are nearly duplicates. Large prints don't look great. I don't know what's next as far as sashing or border - I need to get back to another almost finished quilting/ruler project.
Another subject: I just noticed I'd already shown this Pineapple Quilt with the top part all traditional pineapple blocks and then how interesting it looked when I added the 2 alternate blocks.