Wednesday, June 22, 2022

A surprise win!

A few days ago, Janet O  (Rogue Quilter,  sent me a message that I had won something - oh dear, I don't even remember what I did but look what showed up today .....homemade items, FQs, rulers and templates and lovely glass headed pins.  Janet, the delicious truffle didn't last even long enough for a photo!  How nice - thank you so much, and yes, those FQs will be perfect for more "I Spy" kid quilts.  This surprise definitely perked up my day!  That little Dresden Plate template is calling to me .  

Janet's most recent post is chock FULL of delightful projects and beautiful quilts, and always, the photo header on her blog is STUNNING !!!  I always see God in her sunset or sunrise photos.  

Tuesday, June 21, 2022



Sometimes, a simple border is best.  Thank you to several blogging friends for the excellent suggestion.  

Friday, June 17, 2022

A 30 gallon bag of scraps

 I mentioned my gifted bag of scraps in a previous post.  At first glance, that bag didn't look very appealing but the simple job of sorting them into lights and darks encouraged possibilities. Here is the pretty surprise.  Only a small amount of "lights" was needed from my existing stash.  It still needs some kind of creative border.   

It's hot in western Nebraska, upper 90s. 

Thursday, June 09, 2022

Finished, but no name ???


I made the WELCOME banner long before I finished the quilt.   The banner was made from the quilty crumbs. There are 20 blocks in all.

Perhaps I should just name the quilt "WELCOME" ?? 

Saturday, June 04, 2022

Guild Raffle Quilt for summer 2023


(It was held a little crooked. )  We said "use taupe", and we were aiming for "Low Volume," and "use what is in your stash"  and "something different."  The blocks were made my members of our local quilting/sewing group.  I finished the border and binding, which is my excuse for infrequent blog posts!  Kathy, a new embroidery-talented member, made a stunning label.

Friend Carol gave me a huge bag of scraps that she inherited from ???, most very small, and some too ugly to use (IMHO).  I sorted them and discovered there was a healthy supply of lights, darks and red/orange/yellow combinations.  After sorting, they are now all pressed and ready for ??? who knows what???.  They really are perfect for yet another Pineapple or Log Cabin, or String or .....something.   

Above is the finished back of my DONE quilt that I enlarged by 6 inches on each of the 4 sides.  It had been completed about 4 years ago.  The process was managed reasonably well with a Quilt as You Go method.  Because of its increased size, it became heavy and difficult to maneuver under the sewing machine at times so I had to revert to hand sewing.    The added part starts with that narrow binding, then a 6 inch beige/tan piece, then a new binding.   The yellow toile is the original backing.  (It's folded back on itself.)  I LOVE how it turned out and is perfect on the bed.  The label will be updated with the new dimensions.