Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Where in the world?


Today I added a World Map gadget to my sidebar that indicated where visitors to my site were from -- amazing!!!! It refreshed every 5 minutes. I saw someone in Florida (a blue dot) and sure enough, in a minute, I had an e-mail from a gal in Florida! Is this cool or is this cool??? Also, when clicking on the map gadget, it would show where EACH surfer was -- those who did not stay longer than 5 minutes, I presume -- and there were a bunch more! More cool!!! But, since I flunked (quit) HTML class, I cannot figure how to add that map back to my sidebar without crowding all the other stuff. Internet Explorer shot it all to the bottom of the page -- that map was too large - while Firefox was just exactly as it should look.

The Internet toys we have these days are incredible. Any suggestions on how to resize the map, or is there another similar gadget that tracks visitors and doesn't take up so much space in the sidebar?

10 comments:

  1. Hi Elaine,

    I had that map on my blog also and had to take it off because it was too big for my sidebar. Unfortunately, unless you know how to re-write your css and make your sidebar larger, it will mess up the look of your blog. It's too bad, because it is very cool.

    If you find out a way to make it work, I would love to put it back on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the things they have for blogs now-a-days! :)
    dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the same boat - I had it for awhile but the upgrade killed it and I never could figure out how to get it back. So many cute toys!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heavens Elaine, I can't even figure out what HTML is! I'm techno deficient. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone should just change to Firefox and then it would work. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looked at the international map option but didn't add it.I have Firefox so I should try it! Hoping to take a website class at the CC in Phx. this winter so I that website stuff doesn't scare me anymore.These toys keep our brains searching for new pathways through the grey matter, a very good thing,LOL.
    Roslyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found the followers gadget, & have just added that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. and I wanted to wave from down under.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Map? shucks, I must have missed it, cause I don't see it in your sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't help you, I can barely post a commment! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.