Monday, December 28, 2009

Using Stash for Backing, and Round Robin


I used a lot of 'old' fabric for the back of this Fairy Quilt for Meggie (name at top). The back is more entertaining than the front! It feels good to make good use of the fabric and move it out of my space, and it's kinda cute also. I'll post the finished project tomorrow, when the sun is up.

Below is a Star Challenge, Round Robin I'm working on. My first brilliant efforts, after drawing, graphing, coloring, measuring were a total flop! This is 'owned' by Sharon, a talented young woman in our Guild, known for her excellent workmanship, and her love of batiks. I can't show any more than the first star - after today, it's a secret until June. OK, Elaine Adair, back to the drawing board!

5 comments:

  1. The Fairy Quilt is looking great. I love the quilting you did, and your back is fun. Can't wait to see the whole enchalada tomorrow!

    Have a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pieced backs but usually just use random width strips. I've read about using 10" squares. And I've seen some posts that show extra blocks pieced into the back which is really great looking. What is your method for piecing backs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my son's favorite quilts looks similar to your back! Just big squares cut from novelty flannels and the backing is fleece. He has many intricatly pieced quilts, but that flannels square is the one he seems to like best! I think that your niece is going to love BOTH the front and back of this one - and I see you put her name on there too - very clever! Cheers! Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. That star is gorgeous. But keeping a secret 'til June?! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy watching other people work on Round Robins! ...but I really have to say I'm continually reminded to make a pieced back. Can you believe I've never done one? Can you imagine it's because I always take my yardage and just leave it with the longarmer and say - just work it out - I'll pay for it!

    I started off doing it that way because I wasn't doing so well physically. Lately... I don't have that excuse!

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.