Monday, October 30, 2017

Fence Rail, or is it Rail Fence?

This inspiration came from Quiltville.com - thanks Bonnie!

Simple stash user, but those black and white checks took some getting used to!  In the end, they make the quilt!  (Where have we heard those kinds of comments before?)

I quilted it with light blue variegated in a topographic type design.  There's a lot of quilting in there, more than necessary for a kid's quilt - wish I had done something simpler but it sure gives it a nice texture.




Above - the last of that cute fabric!

8 comments:

  1. Yes, those checks do make the quilt, don't they? Stunning! Nice job, Elaine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks wonderful! I'm still working on mine -- and probably will be for a long time, since I'm truly doing it as a leader/ender project this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it...yum, yum! Great job quilting it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of scraps. Love the border.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love everything about your quilt! The fabrics, colors, quilting, backing, borders! All those decisions! Awesome! Congratulations on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It turned out very nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning! But the thought of making all those black and white 4-patches makes my head swim. You must be an incredibly fast piecer.

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.