Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Eureka - The Lost has been Found - ME!


After many months of being slow, depressed, unmotivated, exhausted, cranky (yeah, read my cranky posts!) I had chalked it up to issues of AGE/OLD. However, I couldn't understand know how I got OLD in a matter of months.

Last night I watched THIS movie. Now, I don't often watch a DVD, but remember that nice room I made for me last summer? Well, there's the new TV with built in DVD player and it was nice and quiet, so I visited the library and just randomly pulled out this movie.

Good grief, how can things happen this way??? The EXACT thing a person NEEDS landed in my hands. This is a lovely, quiet, simple movie, not sexy, not crashing and flying autos, no guns, nothing offensive except some expected language, but it was exactly what I needed. It was mostly something about 'finding oneself' -- not losing sight of who you are -- Hey, we all spend a LOT of time trying to please others, and somewhere along the way, a person can get 'lost'.

That's all I'm saying, but holy smoke, do I feel wonderful, full of energy, enthusiasm, goals, dreams, curiosity, again. THAT's who I really am! 8-)))

-----------------

Oh yes, one more thing. Thank you Jane (a lady at church) who said such kind and complimentary words to me, I had to hug her! And to the members who visited me at work, asking for my assistance with some problems, because they knew I'd be able to help. I am human again!

(It never hurts to compliment folks! -- it comes back ten-fold!)

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the movie recommendation. I'll check it out.

    So glad to hear that you "found" yourself. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Encouragement in any form is always welcome. One of my favorite sayings is, Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle. (((((Hugs))))) and so good to hear that you found yourself again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elaine, I hear you! I too suffer a lot from depression and lack of motivation. I'm so glad to see a movie has inspired you! Sometimes it takes just one thing to help us restart our dreams! Keep up the inspiration! Hugs friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elaine, thank you for sharing your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you've been feeling so low. You are only as old as you FEEL and it sounds like this movie has regenerated you by a decade or two!! Look forward to seeing what this newly invigorated you gets up to :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, but even in your down days/posts, something of the real you peeks through... it cannot be totally hidden. Many blessings in the days ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay - good for you. And taking time for yourself is totally okay! Thanks for the movie recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad the movie moved you out of the doldrums and depression. Sometimes it might be a little thing like a hug or a word of praise that can make the sun shine again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Into the Wild" is a great read too. Glad you liked the movie and that it gave you exactly what you needed. Sometimes the universe really does reach out to us. I don't recommend moving to Alaska to live in a bus, thought. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing the fact that you have felt a little down lately. Your posts are always so upbeat and cheery that it was hard to see that sometimes you were struggling. It's wonderful that you let us see the human side of the superlady that we all love so much. Sending quilty hugs, Vic

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard of that movie but have not watched it--glad it moved you! Yes, I agree on compliments, they are very necessary (Note to self, compliment folks more).

    Hope spring has come to your area and that sunny days are helping your mood.

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.