Sunday, April 24, 2016

Chadron Quilt Show

I took photos of my favorites - Below is my friend Carol, with her stunning Pineapple Quilt.  She won 2nd place in her category.  It's in batiks, -- and absolutely beautiful.  Of particular interest is the border which was made of "O" pineapple blocks that originally, were to be included in the center of the quilt.  Carol decided to cut them in quarters and make a border of them.  We are all amazed at how the border turned out!  It undulates around the quilt perfectly, even at the corners! 


This belongs to Lari, another friend - the stars are so warm and cozy, made even better by Carol's (above) quilting.  This is another addition to my stack of future quilts I want to make. 

 The theme of the show was "Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend."  This was a scrap quilt that was unusual -- I LOVED it's unusualness!  Wonderful use of her scraps, and made differently than I've made.


Here's a close-up of the simple block. 


Here is another similar scrappy string quilt  - I LOVE it as well!  The background on this one is pale blue.  It may have been made by the same person - not sure. 


I brought 2 quilts, neither of which deserved attention, but I wanted to add them to the mix.  We never know when a quilt will inspire the next person.  
This was a lovely 3-day show - with demos, Trunk Show, and Vendors.  Chadron is a small college town in the Nebraska Panhandle- they always have a very nice show. 

5 comments:

  1. WOW!! Love them all...but that last string quilt caught my attention!! Loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love scrap quilts of all kinds--thanks for sharing these.
    I especially love Carol's unique border. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for showing us some photos of quilts from your show. They are all wonderful. I am very intrigued by the diamond scrap quilt. Very unusual setting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have loved to see that quilt show, but we were out there the week before. Poor planning for which I can't take the blame. It was a family thing & someone else picked the weekend. We did get snowed on though. :)

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.