Friday, October 21, 2016

"Pinkalicious"

"Pinkalicious".   (I always name my quilts - this one was easy!)  I pulled all my bits of pink, some with little girly motifs.  Some little girl will love it!  I DID purchase the border fabric, which is all very small overlapping boxes, so I machine quilted overlapping boxes, something I've always wanted to try.  My boxes don't follow the fabric motifs, but they turned out well, and very textured.  I used the round plastic guilting foot - a great help.  At the very end of the  border quilting job, I quilted one giant swirl, in the border,  just to be obstinate! 

Dig that cute backing!  I DID purchase that especially for this little quilt.

11 comments:

  1. So pretty! Pink and purple--a little girl's dream! What a lovely little quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so sweet, Elaine!
    I laughed about your one swirl just to be obstinate. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is awesome! The colours, the quilting and the fabric is such so sweet. Love the backing too. Wow. Congrats on this charming finish. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling quilt! Pink is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice! You are right, some little girl will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This quilt really caught my eye! Well done and a real inspiration! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful little quilt! You are going to make some little girl happy.

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.