Friday, October 21, 2016

"Pinkalicious"

"Pinkalicious".   (I always name my quilts - this one was easy!)  I pulled all my bits of pink, some with little girly motifs.  Some little girl will love it!  I DID purchase the border fabric, which is all very small overlapping boxes, so I machine quilted overlapping boxes, something I've always wanted to try.  My boxes don't follow the fabric motifs, but they turned out well, and very textured.  I used the round plastic guilting foot - a great help.  At the very end of the  border quilting job, I quilted one giant swirl, in the border,  just to be obstinate! 

Dig that cute backing!  I DID purchase that especially for this little quilt.

11 comments:

Lisa Boyer said...

So pretty! Pink and purple--a little girl's dream! What a lovely little quilt.

Janet O. said...

It is so sweet, Elaine!
I laughed about your one swirl just to be obstinate. : )

Scrap and quilts said...

It is awesome! The colours, the quilting and the fabric is such so sweet. Love the backing too. Wow. Congrats on this charming finish. ;^)

julieQ said...

What a darling quilt! Pink is my favorite!

Jocelyn said...

Looks great!

Elsie Montgomery said...

Really nice! You are right, some little girl will love it!

Michele McLaughlin said...

This quilt really caught my eye! Well done and a real inspiration! Thank you!!!

judyquilts said...

Beautiful little quilt! You are going to make some little girl happy.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Obstinate rocks. Great quilt.

Gypsy Quilter said...

Wow, great job!

Ruth said...

Adorable quilt!