Sunday, August 13, 2017

"Critter Comfort" - DONE



The back is as attractive as the front - just goes to show - use that old fabric you've been saving and put it on the back.  I was concerned I'd have "wrong" fabrics next to other "wrong" fabrics.  Nope - it's all just fine and dandy!   The narrow "sashing" adds  appeal - again, I used a variety - makes things interesting!  The  quilt binding is black with a tiny lime green flange, sewn down on the front.  I found it impossible to keep my stitches from showing in a wrong place on the back. Half showed on the black binding, half on the backing - was unable to sew consistantly. Perhaps a slightly wider binding?  Sharpies can be used for many things.  8-)

8 comments:

  1. Terrific finish! You're to be congratulated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, yes! This is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!
    It is amazing what you can do with random bits of this and that. You've created a real winner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love this quilt! Strings rule, and the quilt as you go method is just fun and fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this project! Would you mind my asking what size blocks you used in this quilt. It just appears so balanced. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice finish. String type quilts always have a cute touch of whimsy when adding novelty fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love string quilts! They make great donation quilts and I usually make a couple each year, but I don't quilt as I go. Do you think it saves time doing it the way you did? I might want to change my system.

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.