Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Critter Comforts #2, DONE

QAYG, backing squares were all laid out perfectly perfect, but when I turned the project face up, then the string blocks looked really terrible and chaotic.  I decided the front side with many various strings needed to be more organized than the back, so ... Perhaps next time I won't try to use up so many various stash items on the back.  But I like it, and the fabrics are all attractive, just not well ordered.

 Uh oh -- no fabric on this corner - this calls for creative applique!
 Done - destined for Donation Quilt.  This looks a lot like Critter Comforts #1, completed a few months ago. 
 Closer view of back.
It's very flat and square - lawn is crooked!  I totally enjoyed this QAYG method and am looking forward to the next project.   

1 comment:

Tanya said...

It is lovely! I never thought of making string blocks already quilted! Saves time!