Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Garden Party - pluggin' along

I'm approximately half way into machine quilting this large quilt.  The first part I used Essential Pro quilting thread which has always worked wonderfully in other quilts but this project did NOT like that thread.  I experienced numerous skipped stitches, frazzled  and broken thread.  Despite the use of Sewer's Aid, 1 bigger needle, then a second new needle, the problems persisted.  So exasperating!!  I dug around in my threads and was delighted to find a large spool of a similar color from Superior Threads.  Wow, it works like a dream - I've worked 4-5 hours with not one issue!   Dig that backing!

 Yikes, what fun!!!


We installed a flag pole recently.  There is a solar light at the top, so no floodlight is needed to meet flag etiquette.

Every year we take a photo on my birthday under my HUGE Birthday Tree of 9 years ago when it was only a twig.  We now have some shade in the afternoon!   For whatever reason, I always hold a quilt for the photo.
.



6 comments:

  1. Hooray for conquering the thread problems when you were quilting! Your Garden Party is a magnificent quilt and you look great holding it in the shade of your birthday tree. Congratulations on sporting a new flagpole, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How weird thread gets, eh?! It really blows my mind how simply changing to a different brand or even color within a brand can change everything completely. It must be great fun to have a Birthday Tree. I absolutely love that concept.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those thread issues are maddening. So glad you found a solution.
    I like the idea of the annual photo, and holding a quilt makes perfect sense to me.
    The backing fabric is fun--confetti for the Garden Party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday from me too. Hope it was as joyful as your quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the good and very helpful information. It is very interesting.
    ดูดวงแม่น

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.