Sunday, September 07, 2008

The awful truth


2008 Fabric Purchased 86 yards
2008 Fabric Used, Items DONE 113 yards
2008 $ spent for sewing and quilting related supplies $1,427.00
------------------------------
I started keeping track of ALL my fabric/sewing related purchases, in January 2008. Of course, I've lapsed a time or two but here it is folks - the TRUTH! A LOT of my costs are books - I'm a sicker uhhh, SUCKER for them! Also, a big chunck of my $ spent was for a Quilt Convention. I've refrained from new fabric purchases much more frequently than in previous years.

Hey, remember if you use some of that fabric and old batting for MQ practice, and keep or throw it out, you can count it as USED UP!

Remember that survey that Quilter's Newsletter Magazine (I hope that's right) did a number of years ago? According to that survey, I fall kinda in the middle of the 'average' quilter/sewist, regarding $ spent, but that survey was a number of years ago, so with inflation, cost of living increases, I'm spending LESS than the average. Hmphhhpghhhh so there! my dear DH.

6 comments:

  1. I SHOULD keep track next year but I'm afraid to. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'd dare keep track! Especially not with fabric prices in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOoooohhh, me either. That is an interesting comment on our pleasures and it's value. At least you are churning out the quilts. Mine are stacking up everywhere, but, I figure someday, with great labels attached, some portion or time period in my family traditions will want them. Maybe even fight over them Hah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elaine, if I kept track it would make me SICK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really bad about buying books too - most of my expenditures are books of one sort or another.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not keeping track of my quilting expenses - I don't need that kind of guilt.

    My big splurge in life is hiring out the yard work/gutter cleaning/tree pruning; I added up what last year cost me and had to lie down with a cold cloth on my forehead. Several years ago I kept a spreadsheet of every last nickel we spent. It was a sobering experience.

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.