Friday, September 05, 2008

You Can't Make These Things Up!


"Gunshot Victim Sues to Recover His Prosthetic Leg!"
My small town has occasional gun issues. This one takes the cake!

This poor victim received 4-5 serious gunshot wounds. Seems one of the bullets was lodged in his leg, a prosthetic leg. The leg was seized by the Police as evidence for a possible trial. The victim was hospitalized for a number of days, recovering from the assault, but as he was recovering, he could not use crutches because of his wounds, but additionally, he had no leg to stand on! (my pun!) His wife had to SUE the County Attorney to get the leg returned, valued at $28,000. A judge ordered police to return the victim's prosthetic leg. Whew!

To make it worse, it was already repeated on Paul Harvey (all over the entire nation!) Radio Program!

Now, that's what we do for entertainment! LOL

5 comments:

  1. Unbelievable!! Couldn't they have video-taped the leg or whatever and let the poor guy have it back without forcing his wife to sue? I always wonder where common sense goes in situations like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny! Sad part is most likely he will get off and then sue for damages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am assuming he was in the act of committing a crime when shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew there was a reason that I am anti-gun but I didn't think it was this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this yesterday in our local paper under the "Just Plain Weird" column.

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.