Thursday, March 12, 2009

Come on Spring!


This little basket of bulbs was supposed to be for DH's Valentines Day, but only arrived yesterday. I liked it so much I bought another for my office. Kinda late for Valentines Day, but this little bit of GREEN has given us both a lightness of spirit. Various bulbs are in the basket, surprising us, and will last about 6 weeks, as I remember.

Our temps are still hovering near ZERO in the mornings and the fireplace feels mighty good!

You may see Nellie's (Nellie's Needles) little bird is peeking out from behind the foliage. Oh yes, and a little Rabbit on the Nest, thinking about Easter.

7 comments:

  1. It's delight to see my bird add to the encouragement of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty flowers! I don't want to make you jealous (well, really I do LOL) but yesterday our high was 81 degrees!!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you. I want spring too. It has been really cold here with one more blizzard. However, they are predicting warm weather for the weekend. Bated breath! I'm sure the beautiful flowers help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. O how pretty! And the bird just adds to the feeling of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too, I am so ready for spring! Green grass, fresh turned dirt, birds singing. sigh And open windows and doors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was pretty darned cold here yesterday morning too, but the snow has melted down to the grass in lots of places, and I can see something peeking out of the ground in my yard next to the house--daffodils maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful centerpiece, and to enjoy it for 6 weeks sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.