Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Windy, Snowy Spring, and Another Practice Piece

We weathered the blizzard without too much fuss. The wind was terrific, but our snow blew somewhere else, probably to Kansas! Our back yard is protected so the wind and snow verocity is not apparent.

Sunday I raked the winter debris off the garden, in 70 degree sunshine, and Monday? Arghhh! Today (Tuesday) is still blustery, cold, with a lot of ice on the ground.

Today after work, I threw this practice piece together, in a matter of minutes. Thread is a cotton variegated, King Tut, size 14 quilting needle, and regular thread in the bobbin (whatever was in there - not fussy) Is this not luscious? I have a Log Cabin quilt on the living room floor, and am preparing to start to get ready to commence to get inspired to think about a quilting pattern. This might be a good choice, but a little larger in scale, although with a busy background, it will partially disappear.


Once again, thanks PatsyThompsonDesigns.com!!!

14 comments:

  1. That is wonderful! You are totally inspiring to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Windy is right. Some of the gusts here sound like they'll take the roof right off (NE Nebr.)Just roars.
    Got a few inches of snow too but since it isn't very cold it's melting fairly fast. I am so ready for some nice Spring weather before the hot & humid starts up.

    Your free motion quilting looks very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. I'll have to give that one a try. It's a blizzard here now. I guess winter is still not over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blizzard is bringing us RAIN this week and weekend: AL. I like your practice piece. What do you do with them? I am making notebook covers with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely quilting pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can say is global warming and great on the practice piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all, all that weather makes me think "woah!"

    I absolutely love this design. Its so gentle and luscious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your free motion quilting continues to astound me. It's beautiful! I need to buy you a plane ticket east to give me instructions! And when I saw the weather map earlier this week the first thing that came to mind was "Elaine's getting blown away!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elaine, that is one of the coolest quilting patterns ever. I simply must get that DVD and watch it. Wow, girl!! You've inspired me...again!

    ~Joan

    ReplyDelete
  10. "threw it together"!!! I should be so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely practice piece. I still haven't watched my DVDs... sigh. You are doing a great job.

    As for the storm, we received it on Sunday. I had to shovel my driveway to go to church. My husband is golfing in AZ and gave me no sympathy whatsoever, mostly because he usually does that job. Today is sunny and melting but we still have feet of the stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Didn't get it in this part of KS. :) We did have some mighty wicked t-storms, 60 mph winds, hail that ripped our screens up.... but no snow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your quilting is so wonderful!!! I gotta try this! I gotta try this! Why don't I get any better?

    ReplyDelete
  14. *laughing* Elaine writes: "am preparing to start to get ready to commence to get inspired." Growing up my mom used to say, "Beginning to commence to start to begin." I've said it, now my *sons* say it! Is this coincidence or from literature? Or maybe we're related? :)

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.