Sunday, December 25, 2011

38 Ohio Stars on the Board

38 Ohio Stars on the Board ....
38 Ohio Stars ....
 
These Orca Bay, Step 6 blocks (from Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville.com ) sew up faster than expected.  The final pressing (seams pressed in or out) will be completed when we are given more instructions.  My star centers also include several purpley blues.  I thought the pink might add some spark - I'm loving them all!  The small units of strings are in the pinks and purpley ranges, and my larger string units are in the blues/purpley/turquoise range. 
I don't want to eat anything ever again ...8-(

12 comments:

Kate said...

They are just adorable!! Nice and crisp, and great color...

Shari said...

These blocks by themselves would make a lovely quilt! Exciting times ahead from Bonnie!

SubeeSews said...

I pressed all my seams open except for the hourglass units. I have 18 of each light/dark all done and pressed. They are soooo cute. I have to finish them tomorrow.
XOXOXO Subee

Janet O. said...

You take one down, pass it around, 37 Ohio stars on the board...no, wait, that doesn't fit here. : )
I am interested to see how your fun combination of colors looks in the finished product.

Helen in the UK said...

I'm loving your star blocks! I thought the same last night about never eating again ... and then this morning I find myself eating mincepies for breakfast - LOL! Will I never learn :)

*karendianne. said...

Oh my gosh!!! Oh my gosh!!! I do love those stars. Great color combos. :)

Quilter Kathy said...

Your blocks look fabulous! I hope to catch up this week!

M and M plus 3 said...

Looks like you've been busy, busy, busy. Great progress! Did you eat too much for the holiday? I did pretty good by not being around a lot of goodies this time.

Cyn ;-) said...

Wow... lookee you sew 'em up so fast! Your blocks are great! Like your idea of mixing up the center square. Can't wait to see them all together. This is such a great project.
Happy New Year!
hugs,
Cyn; -)

Tanya said...

You have certainly been busy! I love the notebooks that you've been making. I wonder if I could figure out how to change the measurements for Japanese notebooks.
And great job on Bonnie's Mystery quilt! I could have sent you black fabric too....

Linda said...

Lookin' good!

Helen said...

Your stars are very crisp and bright - can't wait to see how this all goes together!