Sunday, December 11, 2011

Another Folder

I'm still making these folders with the notebook inside.  Since I cleaned out  all the 7 x 9 Spiral notebooks from the Dollar Store, I'd better use them all.

Here is my latest, and as happened with all the previous ones, I still could not find the "right" button.  Finally, I realized that I don't like buttons - too traditional.  Wish I had some clever "things".  I used emb. threads to make a bunch of fuzzies, instead of a button.  The required button doesn't really DO anything - it's just for detail,  so if I had anything else clever, that would do as well.  mmm leather, macrame, hardware, but nothing comes to mind.  The inside is black with white polka dots, and I quilted this on the diagonal, with straight lines about 2 inches apart.  Quilting it myself is MUCH better than any pre-quilted fabrics I could find, and MUCH less expensive as well.

14 comments:

  1. Add a red yo-you and sew one of your buttons in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the folder. May I ask which Fons and Porter magazine this came from? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking these folders would make very nice Christmas gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elastic cord sewn top and bottom so you just pull it across works well when I do something similar and can't find a nice button or clasp. Found that my local fabric shop does a nice range of those cords. Colours and stripes and even flat patterned ones. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! This is my favorite one

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very striking! I love it!
    Do you embroider?? If you make bunches of french knots gathered into flowers on a separate fabric then cut out with a 1/4- 1/2" space around them, whip stitch & pull, as in a yoyo, you've just made your own custom "button"! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you explore the thrift store in town and see what kind of button type items are available?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your folder. I know you said it was from Fons and Porter. Which magazine is it from.

    Bonnietr@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea for gifts. Which Fons and Porter was it in. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Regarding directions - this was from a borrowed F & P DVD, that has beenreturned, but someone said it was from magazine Easy Quilts, from summer 2010. Can't guarantee that date.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE THIS one!! trade ya 2 dozen buttons for it :) LOL hugs, Suzi

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.