Saturday, December 10, 2011

Step 4 - DONE

These strings for the latest Quiltville Mystery Step almost started themselves - they are so addictive,! I'm using blues, purples, turquoises, instead of reds.  I sat down after supper Friday and planned to piddle around for a few minutes, but energy and enthusiasm got the better of me, and by midnight, they were almost finished.   My normal bedtime is early, 9:30 or so - what happened?? I felt like I'd had an overdose of caffeine, but nope.  Again this morning, I'm up early, sewing, pressing, -- the energy is still with me. Yowsa - whatever happened I want to bottle it!!!

The fabric is lightly starched before removing the paper (above)  - but it helped to stabilize the edges and I believe the starch helped soften the paper.  I've given up on ever maintaining a nice cover for the board, and now use a towel. 

OK, how long to remove paper? less than expected -- less than 2 hours, -- very easy.  The mess? uhhh!  LOL


Here they are, DONE.  I've been wanting to use strings for something - this takes care of that "want".   Almost ALL my strings in these comibinations are gone.  I wonder what Bonnie has in store for us next.  Hope she doesn't want blue strings!
I still have parts of #1 and #2, to finish.  My house is a mess!!! 

14 comments:

  1. People who clean their houses often don't have a beautiful quilt to show for their work.

    Lots of time to clean when the quilt is done. Diana in Nova Scotia

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right, who cares about cleaning now? Your strings are super and you are way ahead of me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your colour choice! Cleaning and tidying will happen soon enough. Enjoy that little happy bubble!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good - feels good to be in the groove doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also doing blues for Step 4, but not near finished yet. Your blocks look terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is such fun to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks look great! I like the way different blues always play nice with their neighbors. Wowzer, you are fast!
    Don't worry about the mess -- you're creating ART! And... who knows, maybe the Housecleaning Fairy will drop by while you are sleeping? It could happen! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Put me down for a bottle! You are speedy. Enh! What's a little paper on the floor. I can think of worse things. wink

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love strings! I loved Bonnie's last mystery quilt where she used strings (I didn't make it) and now I am tempted to make this one, but I have too many other projects, so I think I'll save her instructions and maybe make it later. I could never stay up till midnight.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on getting step 4 done. I'm only doing half quantities and I've only just finished the sewing - no trimming or paper removal done yet!! You must have really been 'on a mission' :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've done about 45 now, so I'll be ready for Clue 5 .
    I"m not using paper as a foundation, I just use a square 6 inch ruler to take a quick look for the size I need, and sew it on. Then ironing, and cutting, I just don't see why you need the paper ! Yours look great, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your string triangles are so pretty! And I love your book covers. What about instead of a button you use the velcro dots? Then just a little bow sewn on the outside to show where to push down.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have about half of my string-blocks made. Mine are red tho. It's very addictive!

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.