Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Warm days, hoops, owl, and a hat

 
Today is a very warm end-of-January day - an unusual 70 degrees.  (yes, while the East part of U.S. is buried with storm Juno!, we are sitting outside, enjoying the warmth)  Do you see what is in the middle of this green foliage?  8-)))  We haven't seen this owl for a long time - they apparently like another roost better than this one in my yard but, for now, here he/she is!  


Here is an almost- finished quilt top, a scrappy T-block.  The Z setting really coordinates all the scrappy fabrics.  I will put a plain border on it, then hand quilt.  ( haven't figured how to edit it)


For my husband's birthday I had a silver hatband made for his favorite hat.  The size had to be modified several times.  The element of surprise was lost because measurements had to be taken with his hat on his head.  He likes it!




Below is the 14 inch beautiful quilting hoop that just arrived from Barnett Quilts.  Oh my, it is a beauty.  My father always told us to purchase good tools.  8-))  Mr. Barnett has a wonderful variety of items, but I wanted just the hoop.  I can't wait to get a quilt in it!  It's a piece of art in itself. 


I am still wandering around, trying to use the camera disk in the laptop - I only accidently got these loaded, not sure how I did it.  Very annoying! 

5 comments:

  1. So happy to see the owl! My neighbor has an owl in her owl box so we are anxiously hoping for babies. Love to watch he/she peering out of the box watching us. Doesn't seem to mind people at all. And I'm swooning over the new hoop! So glad you posted the link. I went to it immediately as I was most interested in the shape and what it is made out of. Have you used this brand before? I will be very interested in your comments as you use this. And have you used this square shape before? One other question, does this one - or have you ever, used a hoop with the lower part for turning for "hands free" hand quilting? Sorry....full of questions tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have an owl that comes to your tree. :) I often hear them near our house but I've not been able to spot one yet. Your husband's hatband is a wonderful gift. :) It is so fun to see what you are working on. I'm still not back into the fabric but maybe one of these days?...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a wonderful scrap quilt, Elaine. You do "scrappy" very well. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post and so glad that you like the hoop, it's a beauty! I love your T square top, good job! And of course the owl is wonderful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The owl is so cute! He looks kind of small. How big is he/she? Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.