Monday, May 21, 2018

C-130 overhead, and Caribbean Strings Progress

I'm not sure why we were visited by this C-130, and the close flyover - perhaps because this town used to have a huge airbase during/after WWII.  There are still veterans  or families of veterans at the nursing homes, and the plane went right over their residence.  I just stood next to the road and took the photo - it went around twice.  Lots of folks were out in lawns, parking lots, fields on this beautiful day.   



This is my progress on Caribbean Strings.  From center to what appears to be the top is 5 rows and there is yet another row beyond this top, still not figured out, but using dark strings .... I think.   I am leaning towards a Hidden Wells design but ....  That last dark row/border will make it 10 x 12 blocks finished, about 86 x 100 something.  This is too large for my DSM quilting, so I'll break it into sections.  All these blocks have paper on the back for now.  I definitely used up a lot of leftover strings and strips.  The center white strip was consistent in size, but the others were not. 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, your strings quilt looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The strings are so beautiful and subtle. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son & DIL were C-130 pilots in the Air Force! My son is still in but not flying any more and will be retiring in the next few years probably. I get excited whenever I see those planes! I saw one recently flying over where we live too. You really crank out the quilts - all bed size it seems. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.