Sunday, February 23, 2020

Moving Forward, One Step At a Time

80 Garlic Knot blocks from Bonnie Hunter's pattern.  Her method works like a charm, of course.  I made one or two, then sped things up by layering 5-6 deep on my sewing table.  These are 6 in. finished blocks.  And as always, all are scrappy  in purples, pinks greens, a few blues, one or two reds, and the neutral was purchased.  These will be put together with a narrow sashing with "plusses" at the cornerstones.  That's a little tedious but doable.

Thank you all, for you know what.  There is a LOT of work after losing your spouse, even if you planned ahead.  Sometimes work can be a blessing.  The dear man did all he could to make my life easy as possible when he was not here.  Take photos, and say beautiful things to those you love - we each did.  You never know about tomorrow. 

9 comments:

  1. No truer words were spoken about appreciating those we love while they are here. Also glad to see you in your happy place! This is yet another of Bonnie's designs on my ever expanding "Quiltville To Do" list. These look like Pringles Quilt blocks: Betcha' can't make just one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you've gotten back to quilting so soon. It was a long, LONG time before I did and wasn't sure I'd ever feel the desire to again. My DH was always so encouraging of my quilting and would always comment admiringly on my current project. GOD, I can't believe it's been 7 1/2 years and I still miss him terribly. He, too, was so good to me and took such good care of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss. I too had a loved one tragically taken from my family in January, and was working on Garlic Knots. Sitting and sewing is wonderful therapy. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to hear from you Elaine. Dolly and I send hugs too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It takes a lot of time to try getting thru life now without your spouse. Lots of legal work, lots of "firsts". I know you'll pull thru and be stronger.
    Joan G
    Braselton GA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Garlic Knot color scheme is going to make a lovely quilt.
    What a tender second paragraph. Still praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You teach us many lessons on acceptance and seeing the good. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry for your loss. Your words and thoughts are so true - thank you for sharing. Love your garlic knots :), can't wait to see them laid out and sewn together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a very positive attitude! Hang in there and thanks for sharing your quilting.

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.