Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day to Everyone!

This year I purchased tulips for DH - he looks forward to spring so much! The vase came from Paris, when my parents traveled there. Mom gave it to me a while ago, to give to my DH. The tulips were closed so tightly when I bought them, I was somewhat disappointed. But in a matter of MINUTES, when coming into the house, they opened up. I wish I had been watching them! And after this photo, they drooped down gracefully, but at night, with the lights off, they stood straight up! I never expected such activity from tulips.

See those envelopes in the photo left corner? One is a gift certificate from the LQS 8-))) Lucky me!

Block of the Month - Lady of the Lake
I LOVE this block, and have done it previously in country plaids or country blues. It works up fast.


Carolyn said...

The tulips are beautiful, they would have been interesting to watch! I love the Lady of the Lake block, made a quilt of them for my son years ago...he wouldn't let me make him a new one to take to college with him, he HAD to take HIS quilt. It made me smile. :o)

paula, the quilter said...

Elaine, thanks for the idea! CarGuy really likes tulips. I hope there's a pot of forced tulips at the store left!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I love tulips too! Little Boy and I planted 100s of bulbs this fall and I am waiting for Spring to see the results of our fun days outside.

Love your block - I always admire that pattern.



Lois R. said...

What a pretty arrangement. My sweetie likes tulips too.

Your "lady" looks great. What are your plans for your blocks of the month?

And I LOVED the houses in the Row by Row you posted the other day. I love quilts with houses.

PS. Thanks for commenting the other day. I appreciate the visit. Nice to know who is out there reading. Hope you'll stop by again and comment.

Jane Ann said...

What a thoughtful wife you are! And I assume the LQS gift certificate is from an equally thoughtful hubby?

hardenbrookgirl said...

Lady of the lake is definitely a quilt pattern I want to do one of these days. I'm a sucker for lots of triangles!