Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Just to smile ...

Fons and Porter TV show mentioned "Hypoteneuse" and I had to think a bit to remember what it actually meant. Then, using my brain that explodes in all directions, THAT word got me to remembering this silly joke. (Absolutely NO disrespect meant to any folks!) Enjoy.
---------

There were three Indian squaws. One slept on a deerskin, one slept on an elk skin, and the third slept on a hippopotamus skin. All three became pregnant and the first two each had a baby boy. The one who slept on the hippopotamus skin had twin boys.

This goes to prove that the squaw of the hippopotamus is equal to the sons of the squaws of the other two hides.
----------------


Definitions: The side opposite the right angle in a right triangle is called the hypoteneuse. (This term applies only to right triangles.) The two other sides (those forming the right angle) are called legs. Often the legs are labeled a and b and the hypoteneuse is labeled c. Usually the angles opposite the sides of a triangle have the same letters, but capitalized: A, B, and C.

7 comments:

  1. And it *did* make me smile. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good laugh! good lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if I can remember it long enought to walk into the other room and tell my DH!? lolol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I remember that joke from when I was a child! Haven't thought of it in years. Thanks for the smile.
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilarious!!! My husband taught high school math for 32 years so I'll print that one off for him! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.