Friday, December 23, 2011

Orca Bay, Step 6, in Process - CUTE!

This is a scrappy Mystery Quilt from Quiltville.com.  We're at Step 6 and have cut and sewed a gazillion pieces!  Yikes - if I had known ahead of time how many, I would have opted out, but once a person gets going, and knows there are thousands of other participants, we all get enthusiastic and it's hard to slow down!

I used blue instead of Bonnie's red centers, and pink strings instead of ... oh great -- I don't remember!  LOL    However I am fortunate to have kept up with all the Steps!  Yeahhhh!

The 4 corners of each block are a consistant fabric, to keep things "under control."  None of us know if that's a good tip or not.  Also, on the back of the stars, I pressed 2 sides in and 2 sides out.  I hope that covers the possible options. 

Thanks Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville.com!

I also want to thank Vic at  http://victoria-carroll-parkhill.blogspot.com/ who took pity on me and my whining about not having enough black fabric -- she kindly sent me a BUNCH!  And her fabric is in these blocks!   (mmmm, I'm going to have to remember that whining technique!)  LOL  BIG THANKS Victoria! -- 8-))

Merry Christmas everyone - stay safe and warm and unstressed, and may you all have a Blessed New Year. 

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Happy Christmas, Elaine!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blocks, Elaine... can't wait to see it all go together... Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I know why you haven't posted for over a week! You were too busy working on the Orca Bay quilt! I would like to make it, but just can't right now. I might save the instructions for later. Or, maybe plan well for next year's mystery quilt, so I will have enough time to make it. I really like your colors! It will be fun to see how different color selections look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks look great! I like your idea of putting the same fabric on the four corners.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good, Elaine. And Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much to you my very dear friend for this lovely thank you note. I can't imagine not sending reinforcements to a fellow quilting blogger who was running low on variety! Gawd knows we all buy too much fabric!!!! LOL!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks are great and I like the idea of putting the same fabric in the corners to give it a bit more visual restraint.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elaine I love your blocks / colors. They just sing... wow. I didn't start this as I've got enough to work on, not counting all the ufo's hanging around. Carolina Christmas (small version is being worked on) and still making log cabins... thanks to you! I was given extra black strips from my daughter...it's lovely to get someone else's scraps every once and a while.

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.