Thursday, February 04, 2016

"Try it, you might like it!"

Remember when you didn't want to try some new, "suspicious" food, something your mother had just made and you balked at trying it?  And she would say "Try it, you might like it!"    Many quilters avoid a Pineapple because earlier experiences didn't work well, or you used the paper piecing, not always a favorite, or you had issues with the bias, but --- I had NO problems with this project, probably due to the excellent pineapple ruler I used AND the DVD I purchased thru Annies Craft Catalog, by Gyleen Fitzgerald of www.colourfulstitches.com   I tried it and I LIKED it! 



7 comments:

  1. It is lovely! I have a book by Gyleen, but I didn't know she had a pineapple ruler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilt is totally lovely -- and the photos are a spectacular way to show it off. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beauty, it looks great against the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pineapple in the Snow! Sounds like a recipe from a church ladies' cookbook -- I like your low-calorie version very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt! I especially like the unique border.
    Sarah in California

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beauty Elaine! I too love that border!

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.