Thursday, July 20, 2017

Rail Fence, Quiltville Version, and Heat

I saw this scrappy Rail Fence on Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville page a few days ago, and thought I'd use my plaid scraps on this version.  So far, so good!  It's kinda "fiddly" but I AM using up bits.  I had to be careful to keep the strips pressed straight.  The black/white holds the design together, doesn't it?  Blocks are 6 inch.  Those black/white checks had me checking my sanity periodically!  LOL

Different subject - I am in western Nebraska - look at the outdoor temp, far right of the thermostat!  Admittedly, it is on the sunny side, but even under trees it's about 104 degrees.  We've lived here almost 20 years and I've never experienced such heat.  



6 comments:

  1. Love this rail fence! Not so much the temperature! My cousin in San Francisco says if this global warming thing keeps going, we Canadians might have a lot of new neighbors! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty rail fence with those checks added in. Love that!
    We are having the warmest summer on record, based on average temps. Finally got my 87 year old Mom to get AC this summer. So glad she agreed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rail fence is very cute with those little black and white checks. I'm tempted by Bonnie's layout, but I think I'm going to do a two rail layout with 2.5" strips. I saw one and really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those checkerboards make a very interesting quilt. Do you know how big you're going to make yours? Please take care in those high temps. They seem to be hitting the whole country this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You're quick! I'm doing the same one..as L/E to other Wips. Very pretty Elaine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the version of Rail Fence, I may have to be a copycat. It's pretty bad when it's cooler in Florida than in Nebraska, and I thought it was hot here. I find it very interesting, since I was born in Nebraska. I haven't lived there since I was about 4 years old though.

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.