Wednesday, November 07, 2007

I CAN do it!

Thanks Nadine, for giving me a gentle PUSH to do this linking thing -- it wasn't hard at all.

Next assignment for ME is to give my page a little more warmth. My blog looks like a government document! (I used to prepare government documents and procedures - no wonder my blog looks so ultra-structured!

OK, now what will I do this weekend? -- concentrate on blog improvements (but first I have to read these books) I want it to have a clever look equal to the technicalities of Darlene's (but first I have to read AND UNDERSTAND my Photo Shop book), or should I post the photos from my retreat 2 weeks ago, or finish the Virtual Retreat I want to do and agreed to do, or actually FEED my DH something good (first I need groceries, but first I should balance the checkbook, and oh yes, I forgot, the dishwasher is waiting for parts, maybe I'd better finish that sample quilt and practice for a quilt demonstration, laundry (oh yeah, first I need detergent from the grocery store that is after I balance the checkbook), or just take a nap ???? Is this something like the old song, "My bucket has a hole in it"? This is how my mind is flitting about for the last week. Awful, isn't it? Does senility come all at one time?

Now, we have the ever-ambitious search for knowledge -- compliments of on-line book stores -- "thank you very much." I just wish my brain or short memory could take all this in ...
Maybe I should have a glass of wine first ...

14 comments:

  1. Oh I can't wait to see what you do! I didn't know there's a HTML4 dummies, but I should have. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. definately go for the wine first!
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A glass of wine is always the best place to start. Oh boy do I need those books! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, yes, and yes!!! ROFLOL!! You just described my brain to a T!!! LOL I hate that you got those books, Elaine, now I think I SHOULD get them cuz I can't link, or do pretty headers, or any of that stuff everyone else seems to know how to do. :?/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the books. Now I know who to ask when I have a question about HTML. Have a glass of wine for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Start with the wine and the rest won't matter, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The beauty of the widgets and the drag and drop templates is the simplicity. If you need help just holler. I actually like to code.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes. Go with the wine! everything looks better with wine.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. umm maybe legal looking blogs have their place at least you don't spend hours trying to work out html or spacing or set out or, or, or, or or and so another day has passed. Have fun look forward to seeing some new blog clothes.
    My rule is Trial and Error.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you did it !
    Now, on to your Blog new look... and then you'll teach me ! LOL

    Hugs & smiles to you !
    NADINE

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now you need to share how to link with meeeeee!!!!

    But first things first, have some wine!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You blog always seems warm and inviting to me. I didn't think it needed any revamping...

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're blog doesn't look government issued at all! It's filled with the amazing pictures of quilts you create. I'm always in awe of your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I vote for the wine first. As for the look of your blog -- um, mine looks about the same and I've been able to code in HTML for, oh, um -- 8 years or so?!? (didn't say I was GOOD at it, just that I can do it) I just keep thinking I have sewing projects I'd rather play with!

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.