Sunday, March 10, 2013

Spring! Comet

Happy Dayyyyyy!  Daffodils are pushing through the mulch!


(Stock photo - my broken camera is already on its way home from the camera hospital - I've missed it!)

Remember to watch for the comet March 12, - it's supposed to be best viewing that evening.  Look in west, just at/after sundown.  There will also be a sliver moon.  We saw it a few nights ago (I think) but it's hard to differentiate the comet from jet contrails.  For more info, officially called Comet 2011 L4 (PANSTARRS).  Bring binoculars.  

3 comments:

  1. Mulch??? Looks more like snow to me. :) Don't know about there but this last big blizzard didn't even cover the ground here. Plenty of wind though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope we can see it. Lots of times we have ocean overcast coming in and spoiling the view but this is early enough to avoid it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are those daffodils? They sure are brave trying to push through the snow. We should have many blooms this week. One or two have buds but they haven't been brave enough to open.

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.