Monday, May 11, 2020

Frenzy sewing

If I'm going to be in a mental frenzy state, due to grief, I may as well do something constructive while in this unwelcome mental process.  This is what I made this morning in a few hours.  I had the batting cut and many of the pink fabrics already in one box.  There is a bun in the oven in my husband's family, gender still unknown, but in the meantime, I'm having a pleasant morning, making this girly quilt.  This will be QAYG, with white/or busy pink strips joining the blocks, 6 x 8, 48 blocks, 7.5 in. finished.  The focus fabric is all pink, orange, yellow, purple, little black polka dots, sorta lollipop-y, next to the center white strip.

I'm making 4 at a time, so they are somewhat related in appearance.  The backs of each group of 4 is the same.  The seams of each 4 blocks appear to be on-target but really, it's only accidental.  


9 comments:

  1. You are making a wonderful treasure. You were on my mind this morning, wondering how you are faring. I am so so sorry, Elaine...wish I could hug you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like it is going to be a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you can channel the grief to keep doing something you love. This is really soft and pretty looking.
    Loved this line--"but really, it is only accidental." :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so nice. Grief is important and I'm glad you are not bottling it up. Hugs and prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started making quilts not long after I was diagnosed with chronic depression. I stitched through my mother's Alzheimer's journey, her death, my MIL's decline and eventual death, and all of the grief associated with their loss. Good for you for stitching as you grieve - it does help. Sending hugs for your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Elaine: So sorry to read of your husband's passing. My husband passed over 3 years ago so I know how you are feeling. Things will get better as time goes on. My prayers and sympathy go out to you. Take care of yourself in this time of grieving.

    Purple Pam (Passionate Purple Quilter)

    ReplyDelete
  7. In your blog posts you seem to be so focused, but I can imagine how hard these months must be for you. I admire you for working on your projects and also blogging to let us know how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a darling project for the new baby!

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.