Friday, May 22, 2020

Quilt As You Go, in PINK, and a Hole in the Wall


I had a LOT of pink strips, and a lot of extra batting, and some pinkish FQs.  What are ya gonna do?  No quilt name yet, but I know where it's going.  This method might not be for everyone, but I sure had fun!  I learned how to get that backing sashing strip close to perfect, by heavy pinning, and then stitching in the ditch from the front, and slowly pulling out the pins as I sewed.  I'm happy with the result.  



New subject, below:  Plumber was needed, drain had been running slowly for months and I knew there was more then just a clog - something also wasn't correct about the pipe angle.  Mr. Plumber started with his snake, and then I heard, "Uh oh - that's not good"!  Yes, the snake itself broke in the pipes and was hopelessly stuck.  

There was no alternative except this decision, in the adjoining wall, yes, the wall in my new, clean, freshly painted Sewing Studio.  NO drywall guy is going to do this job, because you do a little at a time, let dry, a little more another time, let dry, etc.  So, I went to YouTube, and I think I can do it myself!  May take me a while but I'm game.   Worst part it that it's low on the wall   Best part is my drain is working perfectly, first time in many years. 


6 comments:

  1. Hooray for a properly functioning drain!
    Sorry it meant a hole in your beautiful wall, but kudos to you for being willing to tackle the drywall yourself. I hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to the world of home maintenance...i was a single home owner for years with a 1925 bungalow...aka money pit...upside was all hardware store salesmen knew me by name...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Youtube is amazing! So many of my single or widowed friends are so good at doing things. I'm amazed at my single sister for how she does so many things in her house. She has a good handy man who does harder projects for her too. My DH is very handy and takes care of certain things around the house. We're in our late 70s and who knows what the future will hold. You are going great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elaine, you are an impressive woman! (So is your pink quilt impressive!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is lovely and you are amazing. I’m sure when you finish your sewing room wall will be as good as new.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a reversible quilt now! It looks great!

    And a hole in your wall. Hats off to you for planning to do the repair work yourself. I can replace screens but that's about it!

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.