Sunday, November 15, 2020

Log Cabin QOV

Investigating into a closet, I found an entire box of red/white/blue fabrics, obviously forgotten.  There was even a book wrapped inside the fabrics.  For me, "out of sight, out of mind"!   (That also works in reverse when shopping!)   But I made this Log Cabin recently.  And I must admit to using that 8 in. Log Cabin Trim Tool, to justify purchasing it years ago, and frankly, I liked it.  Sometimes I get too casual and careless when sewing a simple pattern but using the Trim Tool kept me much neater, more precise.  My border finishes at 1 inch white, 2 inch for red, 3 inch for dark blue.  I use that 1,2,3 calculation a LOT for borders.  

 Stay well and safe, everyone.  

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful Quilt. I'm a prime example of out of site out of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I love this one! Very fun! Isn't it great fun to find such a project in the closet??

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice....exactly why i keep my stash in full view all the time...helps to boost the quilty muse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So classic in color and design! Good job, Elaine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of the Log Cabin Trim tool but it did help you make something wonderful! What a treasure of fabrics to just "find" in your closet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Elaine, glad to get to check in on your doings! Love a good log cabin quilt, ditto if it's RWB! Found stashes that begat projects are quilter's gold!

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.