Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Rocky Road to Kansas

This has been in process for a while - I can't remember how I made the string-piece units - probably on phone book pages, then trimmed to correct size using a template.  During my renovations, and moving a lot of books, giving away stuff, replacing stuff and books, I dusted off Eleanor Burns quilt books, and perhaps used part of her wonderful methods.  This RRtoK was machine quilted on a Janome MC6500 that almost always works wonderfully.  My favorite thread is silk-finish cotton Metler.  I wanted to practice my ruler work .  One more thing - no one ever talks about the Pressure foot and this time I adjusted it a lot until a good "sweet spot"  was found when quilting backward using the ruler, previously a bug-a-boo.  

Size is approx. 65" x 78".




NQR - Finally, it appears my roofing job may start soon.  This is some of the hardware,  and the shingles arrived a few minutes ago.  It's been 11 years since our last new roof - also replaced after a July hailstorm.  We don't get much rain here in western Nebraska, but frequently rain is accompanied by damaging hail.  I document life-happenings via this blog.  



6 comments:

  1. Very pretty quilt. We just had a roof replaced this summer. It was original, probably 25 years old. But very happy with the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I enjoyed making string quilts, because this really calls to me. You make the best scrap quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another scrappy wonderful quilt...I love it so much!! Great quilting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a real beauty of a quilt! I don't much go for string quilts (though I'm making one now) but I really like the shape of those stars!

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.