Tuesday, November 16, 2021

At last, one job FINISHED!!!

 What can this be?  Surely, not a quilt project!  I'm trying to get so many different "jobs" done, and have been unsuccessful at checking them off my "to do" list - seems like everything is NOT done, yet these  homemade butterhorn rolls are done and delicious!  


35 lined all up, like little soldiers. 


32 made it to storage - wonder where 3 of them disappeared to??? 

I am bringing the rolls (not a single burned one!) to dinner with friends.  The pot holders will live in her house now.  

 
Seems like Cardio P.T. is taking up so much of my time, at 3 times a week, still continuing for another 2 months.  Yes, it's necessary, and a pleasant experience, yet there is no dilly-dallying.  Roof issues are almost finished, business issues still are undone, home improvements have come to a halt with winter hanging over, Thanksgiving and Christmas are both "looming" - wish I had a more positive adjective to describe a lovely time of year, my printer won't print which results in numerous projects undone, and I have a "new" phone on the counter, still in it's unopened Fed-X wrapper, staring at me, challenging me to get that project on it's way.  Furnace filter ordered, air compressor hardware reconfigured so I can blow out used filters.  Oh yes, and I'm planning on  learning some cost savings tricks on my "Smart TV" and eventually may even drop my TV/Cable access since the programming is so unrewarding.   All overwhelming projects - no time to concentrate on any of them, and very little time spent on quilting. Gotta remember, "One Day at a Time."  I'm exhausted.

I miss my man.  8-(((

6 comments:

  1. been there done that...yes cardio PT is time consuming but oh so worthwhile...stick to it, you'll be rewarded...as for the other stuff, i was a single parent with a house for 15 years so i can relate...those projects seem to never end...don't let them rob your holiday enjoyment...they will wait for you to have some fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you must miss him. I know you are getting a lot done!!! Love your darling pot holders, Elaine. I feel the looming of the holidays, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy those rolls look good. You can come to my house for dinner any time.

    You're an inspiration on getting things done. Keep up the good work.

    San / gypsyquilterdesigns@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You inspire me too, to keep on keeping on even when it seems uphill all the way. My to-do list may have different items on it, but it is just as pressing, often annoying and never finished. I'm trying to dump all the unnecessary, yet those are hard decisions too. Take time to bake -- such a good idea. It works for me too, and to be thankful. And to get enough sleep. Despite the craziness of life, it could always be worse. I'm glad to not live in lower mainland BC right now, or Afghanistan or just about any country in Africa. And we can still whip off pot holders now and then! HUGS and prayers for you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy looking rolls! Oh, I miss being able to make rolls. Yeast breads and gluten free are not happy partners.
    Pretty potholders.
    I admire your tenacity and your efforts to take one day at a time, and do the best you can.
    Missing your husband is so much more serious than my missing making rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't overdo! That final sigh of being exhausted is proof that you don't even NEED your to-do list right now! Just sit back and focus on health and relaxation!

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.