Sunday, December 05, 2021

Crumb Blocks - Can't make just one!

 


Marsha gave me a shoebox full of scraps about year ago.  I put them together, aiming for 6 1/2 in. chunks.  It was difficult to actually stop sewing little bits together!  Lots of fun - I wish I'd not used the cornerstone in the sashing, but live and learn - those busy blocks like "plain" sashing better.    This is about 44" x 58"   It finished up so quickly, I already gave it back to Marsha.  Go ahead, give this crumb block thing a try!  I sorted the scraps into mostly red, white and blues.  

Today, I'm making Christmas Trees, ala Jordon Fabrics, on YouTube.  To make use of a nice clean, tidy area, I put up a big table in my family room --  now I can mess up that space quite well!  Hope I get some Holiday items finished soon.  


Happy Holidays everyone!



4 comments:

  1. I love your crumb quilt with the cornerstones. Great use of scraps.
    Show us your Christmas trees.
    Have a great week, Elaine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your crumb block quilt. The red inner border brings everything together nicely so I wouldn't worry too much about the cornerstones. I made my sashing as crumbly as the blocks because it asked for it. You can see it here
    https://atthecornerofscrapandquilts.blogspot.com/2021/10/orange-sewing-and-much-more.html
    You can also see the mess I made, lol.
    Take care. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those crumbs... it is so much fun to make them, as you say, and goes together fast. Nice way to be thrifty too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun post, Elaine--from your crumb blocks made quickly, to setting up another table to mess up that space, too. LOL Love it all!

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.